Position 1: PHP/Mysql Developer
Innovative, highly successful, go-forward New Zealand based company.
Exciting online marketing space
Great role based in Davao City.
Become a part of the dynamic and growing New Zealand based company Zeald.
Zeald design, build, implement and improve websites built on a variety of technologies, including many open source and cloud based CMS systems, such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Prestashop, Wix and Shopify.
- Taking a software specification and Implementing it as plugins and modifications for a variety of CMS platforms
- Maintenance and troubleshooting these platforms, including troubleshooting and fixing bugs for these platforms.
- Developing software from scratch, using PHP/Mysql, for Zeald’s internal use and to be used by our clients
- Managing website hosting using Parallels Plesk
This is a full-time salaried role based in Davao City that requires a minimum of 40-50 working hours per week. Usual work hours are 8:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
To succeed in this role the following attributes are required:
- 3+ years commercial experience as a back-end programmer developing PHP/Mysql software
- An excellent working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Substantial commercial experience with PHP/Mysql development
- Excellent knowledge of Mysql
- Experience developing plugins and modifications with at least two open source CMSs and software such as Drupal, Magento, WordPress
- Fast learning and adaptable – able to use the internet and other resources to quickly learn new technologies and resolve problems.
- Prepared to commit to the role for the long term (2 years+)
- You will be regularly liaising directly with a variety of our internal staff, so a good command of the English language is a must!
- You will need to be accurate in your work, and to be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
A university-level degree in computer science/software engineering, or equivalent commercial experience
Longevity in this role is an important factor as this person will be a important person within Zeald. We want someone who will be committed to the role for a minimum of 2 years but ideally longer.
Position 2: Senior Web Developer
- To provide high level design for a web-based internet traffic billing systems (with online payment gateway).
- To lead/manage a project team to implement project design.
- To manage technical team for the maintenance and upgrade of running applications/systems.
- Must be knowledgeable in Visual Studio .Net Development Suite. MySQL/MSSQL
- Expertise and online payment gateway implementation experience a must. Minimum 5 years experience (Web and Systems Development) required.
- Excellent command of English, both oral & written
- Strong grasp of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Strong grasp of E-Commerce applications / Shopping Cart software technology (X-Cart a BIG plus)
- Keen understanding of UI Design, especially for e-commerce
- Strong knowledge of PHP applications development
- Familiarity with Smarty Templates
- WordPress, SMF Forum Software
- Able to integrate Search Engine Optimization in development process
- Strong grasp of Apache / Linux hosting environment
- Strong discipline in documentation
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work seamlessly with teams across virtual borders
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while firefighting operational failures, when they occur
Position 3: Mobile Applications Developer
Our Client, a pioneer and fast-growing Web Hosting company needs highly talented mobile developers for iPhone/Android environment. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with people using cutting edge technologies. The mobile developers will implement new and/or template-based designs for different companies around the world.
Requirement and Qualification:
- Objective-C and UIKit expertise
- An application developed by you in the App Store
- 3D OpenGL experience a plus
- Android/J2ME/Blackberry development experience a plus
- Shared examples of your code on github/code.google.com code a plus
- 1+ years of experience with the UIKit framework
- 3+ years Mac development experience using Cocoa/Objective-C
- C/C++ experience a plus
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Knowledge of a scripting language a plus (Ruby, Perl, Python, BASH, etc)
- Must be able to start on May 1, 2011
- 2 Full-Time Positions Available
This account is under BOT arrangement. A career path await qualified candidates which includes rising in the ranks and becoming a direct employee of the client after a given period (when the client opens its own office in Davao City, Philippines)